Wednesday 6 May 2009

Windows 7 RC - First thoughts!

Windows 7 RC! It's very nice. Some nice new themes! I love the new login screen. The sound schemes are cool. Windows Media Center is very fancy! My friend was saying how much he loves the new media player. It's nice! I'm confused to where the "add to library" feature is meant to be located in it, though. I found it kinda by accident, through another thing.

It starts up pretty quick! There's now about 2 start-up processes, and 1 (or less) non-Microsoft services, by default. The new Media Center gadget is cool, but the television show it linked me to was only watchable in the US, so I can't really comment there. The Performance Information tool now works properly! (It didn't in the beta.)

Overall, it's very nice! I hopefully should enjoy using this through until next year. (One little thing, can't use 4oD because it thinks I have an old media player!) Good otherwise, though!

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you're talking about it here. Well i do. But i'm a Mac girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt it nice! and ever so much nicer on an ssd!

    ReplyDelete